Contested divorce is just what it sounds like: one or both spouses contest (dispute) some aspect of their divorce. Therefore, the divorce proceedings take much longer to complete and typically involve greater stress and increased legal fees. Divorce – especially ones that are contested – are complex. Therefore, spouses in a contested divorce should definitely speak with an experienced Divorce Lawyer in Gurgaon who can inform them of their legal rights and ensure they are fully protected.
We, experienced contested divorce lawyers in Gurgaon, are not here just guiding our clients through entire process, but we are also here dedicated to fight for your family law rights and assets.
To fill out the Mutual Divorce Form in Gurgaon
Grounds for Contested Divorce
- Divorce on the ground of Adultery
- Divorce on the ground of Cruelty
- Divorce on the ground of Desertion
- Divorce on the ground of Conversion to another religion
- Divorce on the ground of Unsoundness of mind or mental disorder
- Divorce on the ground of Virulent and Incurable form of leprosy
- Divorce on the ground of Venereal disease
- Divorce on the ground of Renounce the World
- Divorce on the ground of Not heard for a period of seven years or more
Hire Gurgaon's Top Lawyers
A divorce hits you emotionally and financially! While you take care of your state of mind during a divorce proceeding- our team of best divorce lawyers will look after your hassles of dealing with a lawyer, ensuring you get legally represented by the most experienced divorce lawyers in Gurgaon
- Contested Divorce proceedings commences with filing of Divorce petition. Family Court/Civil Court causes a notice to be served on the opposite party for appearance.
- On receipt of summons, opposite party has to appear in person and/or through divorce lawyer and file the response.
- Court may try to resolve the differences between parties to start with by conducting conciliation or sending the matter to counselor/mediation center. If there is no settlement between parties, divorce case proceeds as per procedure.
- Once initial allegation and response and counter allegations process are over, which is called pleading, case is set up for evidence after determining issues of controversy between parties.
- Party initiating contested divorce has to start with the evidence first. Other party is given a chance to cross examination witness/es of the opposite party.
- After that responding party i.e. Respondent has to lead evidence. Similarly, cross examination process is conducted by the divorce lawyer of opposite side.
- After conclusion of evidence, Final arguments are advances by divorce lawyers from both sides.
- Then the court pronounces judgement. If party initiating divorce is able to prove the case, Family Court/Civil Court will grant the decree of Divorce.
- Contested divorce requires an expert divorce lawyer of Gurgaon either in prosecuting or defending divorce case. Such expert divorce lawyer in Gurgaon guides, strategize and plan the whole action. Effective planning by divorce lawyers increases the probability of success in the trial of the case for a favorable outcome.
- Contested Divorce is a long process requiring through professional work and approach. Good Divorce lawyer like us take through these challenging and arduous task by his expertise and your counsel through turbulent and emotional time.